Trying to serve

Trying to serve

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Writer's block

Well, it has been a week and a day since my last post and I am trying my hardest to update the blog at least once a week.  It is after all for my husband.  Who can't be with us and share in the daily chaos that I get to enjoy (there may be a bit of sarcasm there).  I want him to see what the girls are doing on a daily basis and to see how they are growing and basically what we are up to.  The problem is, to start writing.  I don't really have anything to say other than I am tired.  We had our usual week, busy and filled.  I think up until about a week ago the daily grind was quite manageable but enters in Christmas.  My favorite time of year, but the most exhausting.
The week starts off by running to Target to get lights, that I bought last week, that are now even more on sale.   Followed by a trip to the Commissary on Tuesday and another trip to Target on Wednesday (oh and Jimbo's on Monday night during dance).   Juliet is starting to figure out (or trying to...it doesn't always work) that when she is done sitting in the cart that she can throw a huge fit, and mommy will vacate the store.  So shopping trips have to be efficient.  So what would you say if you found out the commissary had been recently totally redone?  So my efficiency was now reduced to controlled chaos.  Oh did I mention it was the day before a pay period??
So after three days of shopping, the housework neglected, dance and gymnastics, we find ourselves at this very cool park (Old Poway Park) where we are to meet a photographer who has offered to give us a free portrait because our spouses are deployed.  The architecture and lighting are beautiful here and I got some great shots of Jillian.  Thankfully for me she loves to pose for pictures.  It makes practicing easier.



After meeting with the photographer, we head home for a quick bite to eat and then off to AWANA.  After getting home and getting the girls in bed I am thankful that we don't have anywhere to go on Thursday and I am worried that Juliet may be coming down with something.  We have the Farmer's Market but we don't HAVE to go.  Thursday is our normal day.  Early dismissal (almost forgot) and playtime outside, then Farmer's Market.  It is a beautiful day so instead of having Jillian do her homework first, I decided to let the girls play.  It is just too nice to be inside.
So I was wrong, Juliet wasn't coming down with something, Jillian was.  I was suspicious because her behavior this week hasn't been her like her "usual" self.  She was much more snippy and whiney.  So no school for Jillian on Friday.  Which I am actually happy about....kind of.  I still need to clean this house up and I wanted Friday Field Day.  It was nice not having to rush off in the morning and just relax (plus Juliet had me up between 2:00 - 2:45 and Jillian at 5:00 and I was beat).

Of course, after giving Jillian some Advil, she was bouncing all over the walls.  Doing cartwheels and acting like herself...until the medicine wore off and she actually took a NAP!  Later in the night it was quite evident that she was SICK, but it wasn't until Saturday morning that I knew with what.
Bark, Bark went Jillian this morning.  Croup...great!  How long before the others get it.  Once again the Advil, makes things all better and off we head to pick up our Christmas tree at the elementary school.  When we arrive, the PTA president and one of my neighbors, says...we were going to bring your tree to you!  It is so nice to have people look out for you while your hubby is away.  We pick out our tree and I realize that it isn't too heavy and I think I can manage this just fine on my own.  After getting the tree loaded on the van by some nice dad, we head home.

We had a full day of putting up the tree, hanging the lights on the tree and getting out some of the Rudolph village..
Then I got out the Nativity.  That was my favorite job growing up.  I would play with it for hours.  Rearranging all the pieces and wondering where my mom hid the Baby Jesus.  So now, with delight I watch as Jillian unwraps each piece and sets them in the manger that my dad built.





Jenevieve, seeing the Nativity set up asks if we can pray in front of the Nativity.  Of course!  It took me a a minute, but Jenevieve wanted ME to say the prayer.
While Juliet was taking a nap I decided to tackle the outside.  I had most of the bins down and want to clean them all up at the end of the day.  As I look through them, I am realizing that I am missing a lot of stuff!  Theses are the moments that I am unhappy about being a military spouse.  I started the morning off being proud about being able to mange most things while my husband was away, but now I am frustrated.  Too many moves and not being able to communicate with your husband was trying my patients.  Press on!!  I start to hang the lights, while Juliet couldn't dismantle anything else..and I have to move quick.
So after getting up some lights outside, and hearing Juliet up, I bring her downstairs to see.



I think I took a hundred photos today and I am thinking of a creative way to put them together.  To include my husband in our holiday adventures, so that he doesn't feel like he is completely missing out.  That he can be there by proxy.
Well, with nothing to really say, and lots to be seen I am beat.  Tomorrow will be filled with decorating the tree and hopefully getting the house picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment